Followers

Sunday 2 November 2014

Folded Paper Flowers

Firstly apologies that I haven't posted anything in the last week or so.  I have been commissioned to make wedding invitations which has taken over all my spare time.  I will ask for permission to be able to post some pictures but will have to wait until they have been finished and posted out, watch this space......

For a brak I popped in to see Glynis, owner of CJ Cardcrafts as haven't managed to make a workshop for a few weeks.  While we caught up she showed me how to make a folded paper flower and WOW.  I have seen pictures of them posted quite  lot but always looked complicated but as usually the case once you know how they really are quite simple.  Thank you Glynis :) x  As soon as I got home I made this flower, using some Christmas papers, to ensure I didn't forget the folds, what do you think?





Okay I will try to show you how by using some photos but sure if you search YouTube there will be lots of videos showing you how.....



Take a 4" square piece of paper or thin card and fold in half diagonally

 With the long edge facing you (top of triangle furtherest away at the top) take left point and fold and meet point at the top, then do the other side - hope the picture makes it clear as finding hard to explain...



 Take each fold and fold in half against the edge (you can see more clearly in the photo below, on the right side)


Take eac fold open up (as below) then fold flat as to the right and then fold down the flap at the top so that in line with the square (as to the pic on the right)




Glue the one side and bring together to make a petal for the flower (as per below)



You can make using 5 petals, I used 6 as used alternate green and red patterns.  I stuck together and put a wooden kebab stick through the middle and then added a button in the middle to cover the join.  I plan to use different size papers adn see how I go.  Hope you give it a go, it's fun and only takes minutes





Thanks for stopping by XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment